In this article, we explain the procedure to verify your PF claim status or check EPF claim status through various methods like EPF website, missed call, and SMS. Before we get into details, first a review of fundamentals.
What is EPF or PF?
Employees Provident Fund (EPF or PF) is a social security and savings scheme for an employee in India. Employers engaged in certain industries and engaging 20 or more employees are required to enroll all employee under PF on the Unified Portal and provide UAN. An employee is allowed to withdraw some money from his EPF kitty under certain terms and conditions. However, please note that EPF account is NOT like a regular bank account where one can deposit and withdraw money at will. One should rarely disturb the EPF account, unless in a critical situation.
How can I make a claim for withdrawal from my EPF account?
PF claim status can be checked by an employee after making an application for PF withdrawal. In case of an employee having UAN, the PF claim must be made in PF Claim Form 11. PF Claim Form 11 does not require the employer’s attestation and can be submitted online through the Unified Portal.
Employees not having UAN can apply for PF claim using PF Claim Form 19. PF Claim Form 19 must be attested by the employer and employee and submitted at the nearest EPFO office.
You need the below information to check your EPF claim status:
- Universal Account Number (UAN)
- EPF regional office of your employer
- Establishment/company name and number
- Extension code (if relevant)
After making a claim, how can I check EPF Claim status?
Once you have the above information, you can check EPF claim status through various methods like EPF website, missed call and SMS etc.
- Procedure to check PF withdrawal claim online:
- Open EPFO website for checking PF Claim status.
- Enter your UAN and enter the captcha image
- A new page will open with a single field where you select the state of PF office.
- In the next page, you will see a list of EPFO offices in the selected city.
- Select the EPF office where the claim is to be settled from a drop-down menu.
- Once you have selected the relevant office, the Office Code and Region Code sections will get filled automatically with relevant data.
- Next, you need to type in the establishment code of your employer in the 3rd box. This code is maximum 7 digits.
- If there is an extension or sub-code for the establishment code, you need to fill it in the 4th box. If there is no extension or sub-code, you can leave the field blank.
- Next, fill in your account number which is a maximum of 7 digits long in the 5th box.
- Recheck all the fields and click on submit.
- You can now view your EPF claim status.
- PF Claim Status – Missed Call
Employees registered on the Unified Portal and having UAN can also get their EPFO detail by giving a missed call to 011-22901406 from the mobile number registered on the UAN portal. Prior to using this facility, the UAN of the member must have been updated with the bank account, PAN and Aadhaar details.To get PF claim status through a missed call, give a missed call to 011-22901406. After two rings the call would be disconnected and there would be no call charges. Following the missed call, the employee would receive details of his/her PF account as SMS.
- PF Claim Status – SMS
Finally, PF claim status can also be checked through SMS. To avail this facility, the employee must have a UAN and be registered on the Unified Portal. To get PF claim through SMS send an SMS to 7738299899 from the registered mobile number with the following content:
- Using the EPFO App
The member services available on EPFO-Mobile App have been migrated to Central Government Mobile App UMANG.
Umang helps merges different government services like Aadhaar, gas booking, crop insurance, NPS, and EPF. You can also use this app to check your EPF details. Upon installation, you can find the EPFO option from the app’s homepage under the head “Employee Centric Services” option and access your EPF account details. The app can be downloaded from Google Play Store.