How to find the best home loan or mortgage?
Searching for a home and buying it is indeed one of the biggest decisions of one’s life and so is finding an optimal home loan or mortgage. You do not buy a home every day so the decision taken today will go with you for a long period of time and once taken, can not be easily reversed. Therefore it becomes very important for one to take a very smart, researched and sure decision while choosing a mortgage or its lender.
While going for a best home loan there is a range of aspects and dimensions that are needed to be considered. Best Home loan interest rates are surely one of the important element but that’s not all. One must take note of the terms, conditions, policies, reviews, goodwill, etc of the loan lender.
Choosing the right home loan and mortgage rate is something that requires a good amount of research, assurance, and clarification. Especially, if you are a first-time buyer you need to talk to a variety of people before your final pick. It would be best if you could talk to a personal financial planner.
Here is a list of 7 MUST to do things while looking for a home loan or mortgage with great details. Follow them and you are sure to find the best home loan for you without any later regrets:
- Window Shopping
- a. Search around
- Credit score
- a. Get it checked
- b. Verification
- c. A good score
- Get the reviews
- Consult the financial adviser
- Complete your papers
- Get it in writing on papers
- Read the fine print
Let’s look at the various steps along with some details.
1. WINDOW SHOPPING
Buying a loan is not as simple as buying clothes. You can not simply go to a single store, see available options and select from them. You need to search the market and get all available rates.
- 1.a. Search around: Before settling for a particular lender you need to consider at least 3-4 mortgage providers. Talk to all of them, have a thorough discussion and try to know their policies and condition. Note down all that they mention so that you do not lose any piece of information. This will make you much aware about the market and you will get a good knowledge of what is trending and what are the systems followed in this sector.
- 1. b. Get the Best home loan interest rates from multiple banks: Do not completely judge a loan plan at first go. Even if a certain quotation does not fascinate you, get the rates and various other calculations. This will help you to hold a comparative analysis of all the loan plans later and you can have a better and more refined decision.
To get and compare rates of leading home loan lenders in India visit our page, FinVizer has done some homework for you. See the FinVizer Compare Home Loan Interest Rates page
2. CREDIT SCORE
Getting a credit score is one of those important factors which can greatly affect your credit plan.
- 2.a. Get it checked: You must get a credit score. Generally, some of the financing institutions try to show your creditability lower than what you actually have. This may affect the principle that may be provided to you. The more is your credit score, the more bargaining power you have. So get your credit score properly checked. You can ask various financial institutions to do it for you or you can even check on various online platforms.
- 2.b. Verification: Verification of the credit score is very important. See if all your financial statements have been considered and they are given proper value or weightage. For a complete assurance, you can get it calculated from more than one source and have a proper verification.
- 2.c. A Good score: Generally, a credit score between 600 and 750 is considered to be a good score. Most people land up in this bracket. A credit score of 800 and above is referred as a great score.
3. GET THE REVIEWS
Whenever you buy any product or service, especially for the first time it is always advised to see the reviews and feedback regarding it. So is the case with a home loan. Get in touch with people who have availed a mortgage and experience holders in this respect. Talk to them about their experience with it. There is a range of things and aspects related to a product that the vendor may hide. Also, there are certain dimensions that cannot be seen or spotted at a theoretical basis. They come to notice after implementation. An experienced buyer will introduce you to all such stuff.
You may also search the web and check the reviews posted there. Discussions about mortgage rates, home loan interest rates, mortgage lenders, etc may prove highly informative. They will help you various details, functionality, pros, and cons of a home loan. So, do consult sources before you finalize.
4. CONSULT YOUR FINANCIAL ADVISER
One of the most important step before taking any financial step is to see a financial adviser. A financial adviser is a person with great knowledge and experience in all finance related affairs. They deal with clients with different backgrounds, financial status, investments, etc. So they have a lot of practical knowledge and a great judgement. For a professional and solid advice, one must definitely talk to a financial adviser. They will advise you what kind of loan you should go for, what rates are good for you and what all you should look for or prioritise. All this will be based on your financial statements and status at present. Also, a financial adviser is very well able to predict how your loan will impact you in future and how will you be able to carry it or repay it. So, consulting an adviser is a wise step. This will help you take a full proof and confident decision and make sure everything is fine with it.
5. COMPLETE YOUR PAPERS
It is generally seen that whenever one applies for a loan, one common thing that creates a problem for them are the documents. This is one tool that most lenders use to hold your sanction. Sometimes, this becomes very irritating as you have to make repeated visits every time fulfilling some demands. Even if you are being asked to complete legal formalities and papers, this is a strong process. To avoid such a situation and make your experience smooth, make sure that you get all your papers completed beforehand. Get the documents verified, whichsoever needs to be, get them attested if required and in all the necessary documents in your file. This will make your experience far better with the lender and will let things happen in a better way. To see your personal financial adviser who can help with paper work visit FinVizer.com.
6. GET IT IN WRITING ON PAPERS
While getting your loan, you as well as the lender may settle for a number of things like interest rate, tenure, EMI, various fees, etc. You may get some modifications or bargaining done in their policies and conditions and a lot of affairs may also be considered. Do NOT leave any settlement on a verbal basis. Get everything on legal papers. Even the smallest thing you agreed on should be a part of the document. At times, the lender may ascertain about a particular thing but does not mention that in the document, get it there too. Do not go by his/her words. Even if it is a trusted source. One is not going to remember what they said after 10 years. So, make sure that every detail is in the papers and go ahead only after that has happened.
7. READ THE FINE PRINT
After when you are fully sure that the document contains all the details check that there should not be any foreign matter,i.e., there should be nothing that you were not told about. Read the papers very carefully and thoroughly before signing it. If you come across anything you are not clear about or puts you in doubt, do not leave it. Get it cleared at that particular moment. Also, take note of the fine lines that are generally printed at the bottom of the page or at times in mid. Go through them properly. They generally contain some terms and conditions of the service provider. Before signing, it is important that the documents are well read and everything written in them is clearly known to you.
Conclusion: Finding the best home loan and finally getting it may appear as a time taking process but it is worth it. A well researched and carefully chosen mortgage will greatly help you and make things far easy for you. Follow the above steps mentioned when you look for a loan and surely you will find yourself in a very good position post it.
For consulting a financial adviser regarding mortgage or home loan visit FinVizer.com.
To know more about investment options that suit your risk profile, talk to a qualified investment professional today. Visit FinVizer.com to talk to handpicked investment experts who can help you meet your financial goals.